In July 2014
SMU VP Terence Tan hosted a Peking University delegation led by Professor Liu Liping, Deputy Director of PKU Organization Department
SMU Vice Provost Prof Francis Koh hosted a SWUFE delegation led by VP Prof Yin Qingshuang
In June 2014
- SMU and ASUSTeK Computer Inc. (ASUS) are collaborating on Innovation and brand management including co-writing case studies.
- A delegation from Communist Youth League of Zhejiang University visited SMU Institute of Innovations and Entrepreneurship (IIE)
In April 2014
- September 2013: SMU President congratulated Ambassador of the People’s Republic of China His Excellency Duan Jielong on China’s National Day Celebrations.
- April 2014: Visit by a high-protocol China Embassy delegation including Minister-Counsellor, Consular Counsellor and Consul-General, Counsellor of Education & Counsellor of Cultural
- XinhuaNet held an exclusive interview for SMU President who shared his views on a range of topics including SMU’s uniqueness and competitive edge, SMU’s attractiveness to international students, SMU graduates’ competitiveness in the job market, interdisciplinary research and suggestions for Chinese university graduates to better prepare themselves for the job market.
In February 2014
Jilin University Vice President Professor Du Li led delegates visit SMU SOE.
In January 2014
SMU partnered Tsinghua University in the celebrating the 100th year anniversary of Tsinghua Alumni Association (TAA), SMU and TAA Singapore organized the Tsinghua Distinguished Lecturer Series, where September 2013: SMU partnered Tsinghua University in the celebrating the 100th year anniversary of Tsinghua Alumni Association (TAA), SMU and TAA Singapore organized the inaugural Tsinghua Distinguished Lecturer Series, where Professor Zhu Yan delivered a lecture on “How Information Technology Changes Business Rules”. January 2014: The second Tsinghua Distinguished Lecture on “Opportunities and Challenges in Real Estate Markets in China and Singapore” was held at SMU, Tsinghua Professor Liu Hongyu, Chairman of Specialist Committee of Housing Policy delivered a speech and Professor Su Guaning (President Emeritus of NTU) moderated both sessions.
In December 2013
SMU and Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd have been research partners for many years. In December 2013, Huawei decided to devote significant resources to fund SMU on 4 separate research projects on Information Security & Trust at the same time.
In October 2013
SMU and Ping An Technology Pte. Ltd. have jointly established Pinnacle, a research lab which is a collaboration platform between the two parties to promote research, application and technology transfer focusing on the theme of “Big Data”.
In April 2013
SMU’s Centre for Professional Studies (CPS) entered into partnership arrangements with the Singapore Chinese Chamber Institute of Business (SCCIOB) and China’s Sichuan Administration Institute (SAI) respectively. Together with an earlier MOU signed with IE Singapore and six other Singapore education providers in January 2013, SMU through CPS, is able to draw on the diverse strengths and rich networks of its leading partners to augment SMU’s value proposition in training, research and outreach activities for interested Chinese clients.
Last updated on 22 Oct 2015 .